on 10 July 2014
UPDATE: The printer is connected wirelessly to my Apple iMac. Since the update below Apple released an updated driver for the printer which appears to have resolved wi-fi connection issues - so seems this was an Apple and not Canon problem!!
UPDATE: AUGUST 2015: Having used the printer successfully via wireless since purchase it has suddenly stopped working saying it is not connected to the computer properly. Have spent hours trying to resolve without success. Have reinstalled and gone through settings numerous times. When printing I now have to restart the printer every time I want to use and find it next to useless for wireless printing. Canon provide no information on how to resolve.
My only grumble with Epson printer I have used in the past is that after a while the print heads clog and do not print properly. Having found no way to resolve this on my last Epson printer (which was perfect apart from print quality) I decided to go for a Canon based on the reviews and the fact that the print head can be removed and cleaned.
So far my only faults would be that to complete set-up of Wi-Fi with my Mac I had to search for additional information on the web. Once done the printer works perfectly over Wi-Fi from both my desktop computer and iPad (I haven't tried from my iPhone yet). It is slightly smaller and more compact than my last Epson printer which is good and print quality is good - even better when the high quality setting is selected.
The only problems I have so far is that photos won't print the correct way round meaning that half the image is cut-off. Also the time to print is quite slow but I can live with that. Scanning doesn't appear to be of high quality but I have a separate scanner should I require higher resolution.
As with all printers the manufacturer cartridges are very expensive. I will try compatible cartridges as other have stated that these work well.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink