on 25 November 1999
We wanted a house that we could "build" ourselves to meet our tastes and needs and not what someone else thought would be great. We knew we were taking on a big job, but, felt confident that we could see the work through ourselves.
With the Readers Digest D.I.Y. manual in hand, we have been able to do almost everthing that we have done to the house on our own and at a great savings. To date, the only outside help has been to have the house completely re-wired and brought up to code.
Following the clear advise and in-depth step by step instructions, I have wired up our loft, relocated a radiator from a wall that I'd just removed, flushed out our central heading system, successfully trouble-shot and repaired the central heating pump and re-decorated a bedroom from the floor up as well as completely re-modelling our back garden install a new outside "summer" room (crazy paved patio) complete with raised flower beds, trellaces and crazy paving garden path.
I can honestly say that if you only buy one D.I.Y. book, buy this one!
0Comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?