on 23 February 2013
Initially I did think I might be taking a risk buying this lens, particularly after ordering it and finding several reviews which remarked upon the "softness" of the images produced! Well you can judge for yourselves as I have added the images I took of Quarry House to the images for this product, and I personally am very pleased with the results. I also purchased a Hoya Pro-digital Polarising filter from Amazon, and it is narrow enough not to cause any vignetting at the apertures I will normally be using this lens. f8, f11 as I plan on using it for photo's of landscapes and city buildings. I did have to crop the images somewhat to correct the converging verticals, but this building is on top of a steep hill and one has no choice but to angle the camera upwards.

I did at first find the lens a little heavy, but soon got used to it and it does balance well. It was also awkward it was also awkward adjusting the polariser with the lenshood in place, but again you get used to it.

So all in all I would conclude that I am well pleased with the lens and it certainly was not the risk I thought it might have been. I would certainly recommend it.
22 Comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?