on 13 May 2013
First of all, this book looks amazing. It's definitely not something you'll want to hide on a shelf. Unlike some of the treasures discussed in this book, you'll want to display it where people can see!

I ordered this book because I'm a fan of QI and the author, Molly Oldfield, is a QI Elf. I was interested to see what she might find quite interesting, and I have to say that I wasn't at all disappointed.

Each of the treasures that Oldfield has discovered for her readers is described beautifully and in loving detail, including their rich histories and how they got to be where they are currently housed. There are some very nice drawings in the margins, but I found myself wishing for fewer drawings and more photographs. As a reader, I'm never going to get the kind of access afforded to Ms. Oldfield so I was hoping for more (or maybe just bigger?) photos.

I highly recommend that anyone with even the slightest appreciation for beautiful and fascinating things purchase this book. I promise that you won't regret it!
What's this?