on 11 May 2010
Oh I wish I was a writer ! (but I int). If I were a writer tho', I'd be jealous to death of this little book. I'd probably give up writing I'd be that peeved.
Seeing Stars is a collection of 39 delightful, round, shiny, perfectly formed "gemulets" of prose. It's an album full of hit singles like we used to get, back in the old days.
The concept is pure genius : Tiny, nonsensical tales involving the warmest of characters, filled to the brim with beautiful language we use every day but rarely see written down.
You may have to stop half way thro', do something solemn for a bit just to give the smiling muscles a rest.
When you get to the end (it is only 74 pages) you just flick back to the start and read it all over again.
Thanks Simon, it's a beautiful thing.
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?