on 3 March 2005
I have both this 1GB iPod Shuffle and a 60GB iPod Photo, and I understand the point in having the iPod Shuffle. The 60GB is fantastic, and I'm putting my music collection of over 800 CDs onto it (taking some time!) which is great for me as I'll have all my music in one place.
However, what I don't want is to damage my iPod Photo when it has all this music on it, as it does take ages to move it over from iTunes. I'm not worried that when I listen to music on-the-go with my white "I have an iPod" earphones (Sony MDR-EX71SLW, well worth the money!) someone is gonna rob me; I'm not worried that when I'm listening to music in bed I'll wake up in the morning having dropped my iPod on the floor; I'm not worried that I don't have a leather case, screen protector, or big pockets to carry my iPod with me. Why? Because I'm using my iPod Shuffle for all these times that I used to worry about when I was using my iPod Photo.
For those of you whining "It's got no screen": why do you need a screen? To break/damage/scratch? Get an iPod Mini and read your songs.
If you want a digital music player to use while you're away travelling for the next few weeks/months then I agree that this will not fit the bill, and you should consider an iPod Mini, iPod, or iPod Photo - take the time out to get all the music you want on it and go.
If you want a digital music player which you're gonna use on a day-to-day basis, like a daily train journey into work, when you're taking a walk, going on a day-trip, or just chilling out at home, then this is an excellent little player, at a reasonably cheap price with the added bonus that you can get some files on it using the USB interface. And the lanyard is alright too - I thought it'd be unused when I ordered it, but I've always got it round my neck when I'm listening to the iPod Shuffle, and the length is just right to use with the shortened earphone cables of the Sony MDR-EX71SLW without getting any tangling.
Do you also see the point to this player now?
0Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.