on May 28, 2014
First off, I can only agree with the comments regarding the additional content, so I won't take up four or five lines reiterating this.

I've been hoping for something to come along and fill the GTA void for a long time now (Assassins Creed nearly managed it, but got tedious). This is it. I haven't even started the first mission yet, as the city is so expansive and with his trusty smartphone, there are a ton of things for Aiden to do. My only issues so far is evading police - you have to be in the right place at the right time to use the city to your advantage, and usually when I find myself in the right place they're right behind me. I was also surprised to find that once my wanted level dies down and my heat level vanishes, this doesn't mean I'm in the clear.Got out of my car and the chase was on again. But that's something I'll figure out in time, I'm not gonna mark it down for that. Also, I read somewhere that you can't be caught hacking a phone. Well, I was!! Guy turned round and called 911! It's only happened once, right enough. But now, I always make sure I'm a decent distance away.

Visually stunning and addictive. Worth every penny.

Edit: Taking a star off. Why? Because nowhere on the product page did it state that to use the augmented reality cards, I need either an ipad or an iphone. I have a smartphone and a kindle, neither of which allow me to download the app I need to use them. I know it seems petty to mark it down for that, but I feel that paying customers should be told what they are and aren't getting - especially if it's something they were looking forward to.

Another edit: The glitches are driving me crazy. The only way I can free myself is by blowing something up nearby (which usually results in dying) or fast travelling to my hideout, meaning I have to go all the way back to that area if there's something I had intended to do. And why do I end up in a police chase when I've done nothing wrong? That's just time consuming and stupid.

Final thoughts - impressed overall, but far too much driving (which is a nuisance at high speed) and there is an element of repetition. The ability to fail missions by doing nothing wrong is disappointing, as is Aiden dying by tripping over his own shoelace (note: NEVER think to yourself 'that wall doesn't look too high').
0Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?