on 31 July 2014
Before buying this DVD, I had never seen Adriana Lecouvreur, so I didn’t know what to expect from the singers, production etc. I had listened to some arias but that was it. So when I heard that there was a really good production with Angela Gheorgiou and Jonas Kaufmann, I thought that it would be an awesome opportunity to see this opera.

I have to admit that I was captivated. The singers were amazing (especially Olga Borodina). But the highlight was Angela Gheorghiou. Her performance was simply breathtaking! Her singing and acting were both outstanding (especially in the fourth act, which is my favourite).

The production and costumes were what I loved more in this opera. They were truly brilliant. They represented lovely the Opera Comique and the 18th century in general.

Overall, this is a five-star opera recording and would recommend it to every opera fan.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink