on 4 August 2013
And magic number 3 of the day. You can totally tell I am addicted to this series. :D

So after that explosive ending in the previous book I wasn't sure what to expect from this one, and I was quite pleased as this is told from Bec's point of view again, and I really like her as a character, not that I don't like Grubbs because I really do, but there is just something about Bec and I was glad to get her voice back, however bizarrely that came about.

A giant shadow was spotted trying to come through during the big fight in the tunnels at the end of the Apocalypse, but no one knows exactly what it is or what it wants, but they know it can only be bad news. Then Bec, Dervish and Meera are attacked at home by werewolves and an armed unit. Desperate to get out they run into problem after problem. Convinced everything is linked they call Grubbs, Kernel and Beranabus back to help. This is war and it's not going to go away easily.

With people easily killed and badly injured the stakes are raised with every passing second, especially when it's members of your own team being taken down. Once again Grubbs and Dervish are separated, going into separate worlds. We then follow Dervish, Bec, Beranabus and Shamilla.

The evil that is now Juni is back and means business, but are they walking into a trap? It's all going to blow up in their faces.

This one actually seemed a little bit more gory in places and I did find myself turning my nose up and trying to look away a little more than I have in the other books (although I always do a little bit!) But it's still so exciting and I just have to know what will happen. Especially with the main characters. Certain people I don't want to get killed off that I can see being finished off very soon. If I know anything - it's that Shan isn't afraid to get rid of main characters.

Once again read quickly and left wanting more.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink