4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, balanced and familiar. AND MORE GNASHER BATTLES :D, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Gears of War: Judgement (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
First of all please ignore all the over the top negative reviews from PlayStation fans both below my review and above it. Their pathetic attempts to pass themselves off as "Gears fans from day 1" are so obvious. JUST GO PLAY FIFA ON YOUR PS3'S GUYS STOP TRYING TO RAIN ON OUR PARADE.

Anyway, yeah the campaigns a little short and the there aren't really enough maps for the multiplayer (both these factors are why I've scored this game 4/5 and not 5/5) but the bottom line is this..

GEARS IS FUN AGAIN

Despite what the most resistant to change Gears fan might say the unfortunate truth is barely anyone was playing Gears 3 multiplayer. I did but for the most part people werent playing it. So changes were evidently necessary to help make Gears more accessible. So what have Epic/People Can Fly done?

They've made it more accessible to new players and it COMPLETELY works. By having Y as switch weapons and LB as throw grenade it completely simplifies the core gameplay of the game. I've played the tradition way (D-Pad) since 2006 and I can honestly say I prefer this button layout WAYYYYYYYYY more.

In playlist's like Team Deathmatch and FFA you get to pick your starting weapon so naturally I and most people I encounter pick/have picked the Gnasher. THIS IS GREAT!!! because it encourages more shotgun battles. As we all know Gnasher battles are the reason we all fell in love with Gears in the first place. It also means less people using Rifles such as the retro lancer, of course rifles are still in the game but they are not nearly as prevalent as in Gears 3. I for one thinks this makes the game faster, more action packed and less campy. Another welcome feature is the introduction of spot grenades (for finding campers) and the fact you cant wall tag frags anymore, this is again excellent as it means people cant camp as well as they used to.

Now I know there aren't enough maps and the fact we have to buy the VIP package to get the rest of the maps is a bit of a p**s take but the truth is..this is the most fun I've had playing Gears in a long time!

Refreshing, balanced and familiar.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Mar 2013, 19:18:43 GMT
EvilWeevil says:
I don't see why you accuse people giving this game negative feedback as being 'playstation fanboys' and not being 'Gears fans from day 1'?! We are entitled to give our opinions, the same as you.
For the record, I would class myself as an original Gears fan, as I queued-up for the first Midnight-Madness event on 7th Nov 2006!
At the end of the day, Gears of War Judgement has fundamentaly changed it's previous winning formula for the campaign and the multi-player gameplay. I don't like it, but you obviously do. Leave it at that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›