on 22 December 2011
I've tried teaching myself Polish several times and it is an impossibly complex language. I have about half a dozen books of this type and this is the one I keep going back to. Its explanations are better than all the others (even if sometimes the example sentences are extremely obscure) and I got to about chapter 6 before getting completely lost. The next best one is 'Polish in 4 weeks' which has more accessible conversations but not such good explanations of the grammar.

I haven't tried using this book with a group and think this might be useful and I certainly never practice enough or do all of the exercises so it is my fault that I still cannot speak to my inlaws!

I am still looking for the best teach yourself Polish book (Teach Yourself Polish isn't it!) but this is the best one I've come across so far.
11 Comment| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.