8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
Good clear mirror but light is too dim!!,
This review is from: Elle Macpherson The Body Illuminated Beauty Mirror (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I originally gave this four stars, but now after owning it a little over a month I've decided to change my review. When the batteries are fresh, the light is just about acceptable. Within a week, it becomes so dim as to be virtually indistinguishable from an unlit mirror. Unless you want to change the batteries every week (assuming ten-fifteen minutes' usage per day), you might as well get an unlit mirror. You can get an equivalent unlit mirror for about £12, so at this price the performance is unacceptable.
My original review below:
- good magnification with very little distortion
- pleasing blue-ish light (looks nicer than yellowish light)
- battery operated, so very portable
- adjustable light levels (turn the dial to make it brighter or dimmer)
- the led is non-replaceable, so when it goes, it's gone
- the light is fairly dim, so I can't imagine you'd ever want it set any lower than maximum brightness - which makes the adjustable aspect a bit irrelevant
Overall, seems reasonable quality. I never understand why lighted make-up mirrors are so expensive, but this one seems to be in line with other lit make-up mirrors of similar quality.