on 8 December 2002
I have recently bought the Canon Ixus V3 camera and am mightily impressed with its tiny size, sleek design, multitude of useful features and most importantly excellent picture quality!
I bought the camera as a 'step up' from my Kodak DC215 1 megapixel camera; it was quite difficult handing over that sum of cash when I already had an acceptable camera. However, any fears were instantly quashed when I took my first shots with this cam, it is a truly amazing piece of engineering that takes the most precise and clear shots. I favour the high resolution super fine shooting mode as it makes sense to take the best quality pics all of the time, there is little point in spending this type of money on a camera to limit it to 640x480!
One of the features that came with the camera is the 'movie mode' and to be honest I was sceptical about it before I bought it; presuming that the movie quality would be shoddy and hardly worthwhile. I have to admit just how wrong I was; the movies it can take are of an excellent quality considering they are shot from a tiny 'digital still' camera, the only drawback being slightly tinny audio, hardly a major problem!
The best accompaniment to this camera is a large memory card, preferably a 128 or a 256mb card. This is required due to the large file size of the snaps taken. I have also invested in a spare battery for the camera; this is a sensible purchase as it doesn't cost very much and provides a bit more piece of mind if you are away on a long trip and are worried your battery may run out at precisely the wrong moment (which is always the case!)
Overall I would recommend this camera to anyone who was in the market for a good quality camera at a reasonable price. It does everything you could possibly want a digital camera to do and is wrapped up in a super small shell that won't feel out of place in your pocket!
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.