10 of 11 people found the following review helpful
Good, but won't set the world on fire, needs further tweeking in Firmware updates to be just very good,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Pure Sensia 200D Connect Portable Wireless Music and Radio System with Colour Touchscreen and USB Record - White (Electronics)
UPDATE 22/12/13 :- The Sensia itself appears more stable now with less crashing than before with the 1.9 firmware update HOWEVER If like me you recently purchased a Pure Jongo S3 Wireless speaker with WiFi and Bluetooth - Piano to match this beautifully designed radio in order to stream music around your house you CANNOT now do this! The Sensia and Jongo S3 will not connect to each other since this update (nor the previous update 1.8) This is a delibrate decision by Pure in order to correct frequent crashing of the radio. Pure state that you will still be able to stream audio from the Pure App to each of the products providing that you have a compatible smartphone. If however you have a stand alone system which you streamed from the sensia to the speakers then you can't from now on! From speaking with Pure it appears that not many people have both items anyway (not a good sales point to admit) so it isn't going to be much of an issue and that they have a contingency for this kind of scenario.
I've had this now since Christmas Day 2012 so waited a while to review this due to previous reviews
Firstly Niggles :-
1) Is prone to the odd crash if you overload it with inputs, i.e. try to get ahead of yourself with choosing radio stations
2) The timer record. I have found it stutters when recording, I have used various usb flash sticks formatted in FAT32 and NTFS to see if makes difference but doesn' and wifi signal is not an issue either, this happens randomly on different stations so can only assume its a software/hardware fault
3) When originally marketed, it stated it would have RSS, Picasa, Twitter , Facebook etc (No I have not assumed this based on the previous Sensia) however I cannot find this anywhere on the device, perhaps due to costs/licensing and the inabilty to get it working properly that these have been quietly left out.
4) Pure advertising, Really?? Do this again Pure and I will not buy another of your products, perhaps I am being thick but cannot turns this off.
5) Screen display timing, It's either on all the time or switches off after just a few seconds which is annoying as if you are like me and need a bit of time to read the screen. Next firmware update needs the option to set the screen turn off time, a night mode might be good too.
6) Fairly pointless remote, good for turning volume up and down, and getting the last favourite you played, not able to search/scroll through list using remote, although seeing the screen form more than a couple of metres you'd needs the eyesight of Superman!!
7) Not thats portable, bought the battery but I am going to purchase another power supply and base stand able to move it around without the fuss of taking everything from room to room
Now for the Positives
1) Set up is a dream, follow the wizard and away you go, came shipped with firmware v.1.5 the latest one and connected via WPA/WPA2 PSK first time!
2) Sound is room filling and makes even the internet stations with the lower end broadcast quality sound excellent.
3) No drop out from WiFi even in furthest room of house through walls etc
4) Pure Lounge easy to use
5) Looks Good
6) DAB pickup excellent
All in all a decent radio but well overpriced, and the fact you have to purchase the battery separately makes it just average when compared to other systems on the market, doesn't really stand out for the price, hopefully a few sotware fixes and this could put it heads above the others, but at the moment save your money and use your smartphone internet radio app and plug in into your home system via aux it's cheaper and will be equally as good.
Just a tip for streaming. I couldn't locate my phone as it wasn't set up as a server other reviews suggest bubblepnp for android etc which works fine. However being a bit thick and not being able to find much info online re streaming music from phone to radio etc i thought i'd just mention this as I didn't find it obvious. Follow the following instructions and you will be playing music or whatever from your phone straight to your radio in no time.
Put Radio in network mode so it's searching for devices, my Samsung galaxy S3 doesn't show in this list only other actual computers on the network.
Then go to the Pure App go to the option that displays the music on your phone, pick track/album then to the left og the track back, play/pause/ track forward bar there is a P))) symbol click this and choose the sensia product to stream to. Guys I know this seams so so obvious to most but me being thick took me a good half hour to suss this ooopppsss. Hopefully someone will find this useful!!
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Jun 2013 16:48:27 BDT
Hi, i search the firmware pure sensia 200D Connect version 1.6 zip file (only the 1.7 are available on pure.com) the 1.7 has a random bug, very short audio break (internet radio)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›