TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 January 2011
I've owned my Canon 1000D for about 3 weeks now and have given it a reasonable test drive. The one thing that strikes me most is the ease at which I can find my way around the camera instantly to find the correct settings (very intuitive). Everything is where it should be, and clearly well marked.

The Camera noise is non-exsistant at ISO 800 and ISO 1600, (outstanding). The EOS 1000D is very similar in shape and style to the 450D, it even shares the exact same "LIVE VIEW" technology, all the button's are the same, layout the same, just the 1000D sports a 10mp Sensor and the 450D a 12mp Sensor. I so far have only used the 18-55mm image stabilized kit lens, and am very satisfied with the results, the 1000D Kit lens construction and optics are far superior to the kit lens supplied with the Canon Eos 400D, I've read all the reviews before buying this camera, and most professional reviewers compliment the new Canon "Optical Image Stabilized" Kit lens that comes with the EOS 1000D camera. I have taken a variety of shots in many conditions and I must say I can't find any fault with the Kit lens; its very sharp and provides nice clean shots from 18mm through to 55mm.

(I have managed several indoor hand held shot's as low as a 1/8th of a second), it was no problem at all, the image came out razor sharp as you would expect from a Canon EOS DSLR with I.S technology. In very dim or very low light conditions you can adjust the film speed to ISO 1600, the results are truly superb, no noise or evidence of any grain whatsoever.

The Highlight of the Camera for me was Canon's very impressive software package, the highly sought after - "(DPP) DIGITAL PHOTO PROFESSIONAL", "RAW IMAGE TASK", "PHOTO STITCH", and "PICTURE STYLE EDITOR" + other Canon Utilities... to me this software is priceless (in my view), and is a lovely addition to the EOS 1000D Camera outfit.

If you have always wanted a Canon DSLR Camera but never had the Dosh, now is the perfect time, much better technology at a very affordable price.

At the current price you will find it very hard to beat. (anywhere.!)
Highly Recommended. 9/10

Please be so Kind to rate my review - Cheers! David.
44 Comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?