on 4 September 2007
After Gutter Phenomenon I was a little unhappy and thought that maybe ETID had lost it a bit. There was something I didn't quite like about it. I'm not saying it was a bad album but it just wasn't classic ETID. It was a bit of a shift after Hot Damn!, and it was not really a shift that was needed. I loved the mental crazy disjointed and off the wall sound of Hot Damn! and Last Night in Town, which seemed to have given way to rockabilly, and guest vocals from people who just don't fit with the ETID way.

However The Big Dirty has made up for the slight dip in quality. This album still has that Dirt Rock sound, however it seems to have captured some of the old ETID again. Keith's vocals and lyrics are brilliant and funny as usual.

I was listening to this album in my car yesterday and couldn't help but open my windows and turn the volume up and head bang whilst driving. There is so much power in the guitars and the vocals and so many catchy little riffs and choruses its brilliant. This album will actually move you, and I don't mean in a crying to Titanic kind of way when Leo dies! I mean you'll jump around like an idiot and hurt yourself.

You gotta buy it for that reason. Although I'd advise you to look into buying it from Ferret's website as you can get a free T-shirt and you get the bonus DVD edition. I'm wearing my free t-shirt now!!!

Back on form.