on 18 December 2013
I have never felt compelled to write a review before but this book wasted my time.

Disregarding the fact this book is a huge ploy to gain more uses of the said social network, it is not worth the time of reading it nor the money of buying it. The most used word seems to be the name of the network it is promoting, which is ironic as the book mentions on occasions about 'self-publication' not 'self-promotion' to which I see this book as the latter.

I bought this book as I work in marketing and read 3 or 4 books a month on social sciences. There are far far better books out there with actual relevant, simulation information that is true food for thought. I took away nothing from this book. It fills over 200 pages talking about very little. The things it does mention like 'you have to give, share, know you customers, find the right ones in the right place' are fundamental principals of marketing anyway, only an idiot would this not occur to.

It is clearly outdated and carries undertones of resentment toward other particular social media sites.

I had to read the book to the end as I can't not finish a book just incase there is a revelation at the end. There is not. The 'know me' 'like me' 'follow me' chapters are reserved, oddly I find, right for the very end and are short, despite being the subject matter. I can sum up the only bit of information that might be relevant for the novice social media marketer 'be a giver' - hopefully that should save you the hassle of actually buying and reading this book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink