5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a pretty colour..., 3 Aug. 2009
After owning those Babyliss 230 straighteners I decided to was time to try out the famous GHD brand, and loving the colour purple this seemed a great choice!

The thing I love most is it doesn't take long at all to straighten my hair, and they are so light. My old straighteners were rather bulky but these are very light and sleek, and quite importantly, you don't burn your hands off holding them. Because they are so light I find them very easy to manage, especially around the back of your head! With the IV styler I alwys feel more confident that the back of my hair is straight, as it does a great job. The styler has a lovely rounded barrel so with practice you can do curls and waves.

Usually with other straighteners my hair would start going wavy and frizzy again during the day, or would be extremely static. I used to straighten my hair then tie it in a ponytail for work because my hair would just get on my nerves later in the day. Now however I straighten my hair in record time on those early mornings, and my hair stays smooth, straight and sleek ALL day!

The style has a 30 minute shut off feature, which will be great for those days when you've left the house and suddenly during the day you have that nerving feeling that you have forgotten to turn your straighteners off.

According to GHD the IV hair styler is suitable for all hair types except very thick hair. GHD recommend using the IV Salon styler for very thick hair.

To anyone wanting to buy GHD's please don't buy them from eBay. Most of the ones on eBay are fake. If you go to GHD's official website they can give you websites that sell official GHD's so you're safe in the knowledge you're getting the real thing.

If you're using the styler I highly recommend you buy a heat protection spray. Using any styling products on your hair will slowly damage your hair after time, especially when using these hot straighteners.

Now I have these GHD's I'm never going back to another brand, they are just excellent.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]