TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 30 September 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The European Union: A Very Short Introduction

I like this series of books. For me it keeps me doing something between Cornwall and Paddington on frequent journeys to the City.

This book is a gem and taught me more about the EU than all the newspaper and internet searching I have done on it. I feel with the European elections coming up and all the debate on whether we should be in or out I need to get the big picture rather than the political peddling we get from the political parties.

This book, although short, goes into a lot of detail about how the EU has evolved and works. It is written by a political expert and I did not find it biased at all. I feel I now have the intellectual tools to make informed decisions on the EU and how the UK integrates into it along with its future role.

The writing style is text book like but very informative and useful. You need to know a little background to get the best from it but most people would find this a useful read. Students of politics will find this a very useful starting place on how EU policies are made and enforced.

Overall a great little book from a very good series on lots of topics. These books are also inexpensive and compact and in the series there is something for everyone.
I like this book very much as it has armed me with the facts so that I can make informed decisions when discussing our EU position.
10 people found this helpful