on 20 March 2012
I thought about getting a Kindle for a long time before I actually did, then it happened all of a sudden whilst in the supermarket.

Anyway I have been very pleased with it. I love real books and I'll never stop buying them. But the Kindle is different. It's a nice little gadget which has advantages over books in certain situations.

I've been able to get all sorts of rare and antiquarian volumes onto it, all free of charge. Other books costing hundreds of pounds in out of print hardbacks can be bought for a fraction of that as a Kindle edition. It's so easy to download from various places (not just the Kindle store), plus documents can be emailed to it which make it all very easy indeed.

The keyboard is hard work for a lot of typing, but that's not really necessary - I do everything via the computer and then things just magically appear when turning on Wi-Fi on the Kindle. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of photos on the Kindle also - all black & white but good reproduction.

One final point - I didn't buy a case initially and was so glad when I did. It really does transform the reading experience. It's more tactile and more like reading a real book. Without a case the Kindle is more like a big mobile and not as nice to hold. There are so many cases available now from all over so the world is your oyster in that regard.

It'll never replace books for me, but I still love it.
0Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?