on 24 January 2014
As an historical account this book is very interesting and left me wanting to know more. The writing style is fine, but I did find the phrasing and sentence structure awkward in places. I had to re-read parts to determine the intended meaning.
The reality of cultural damage caused by war is a subject about which I was woefully ignorant. I am grateful to the author for enlightening me. He has successfully captured the essence of what transpired and the inspired men and women who appear to have been largely unrecognised. I will be buying the account written about Italy. My only complaint is that the kindle version is poorly illustrated. I continually used the internet to view the art and the locations described.
2 people found this helpful