4.0 out of 5 stars active 2 kinect, 26 Nov. 2010
This review is from: EA Sports Active 2 - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
firstly i,ve read all the reviews above before submitting this one.And i,ve been using it for 10 days now before submitting the review.
i think the main issue above is not most people have bought the game and jumped straight in then encountered a few issues like pauses,tutorials popping up which i did encounter myself on the first workout. However i sat down and tweaked it properly and now i get workouts that flow straight through.
I,m quite fit myself,doing heavy weights 3 times a week for the last 5 years and running 3 times a week. I,m in pretty good shape with a bit of body fat and bought this to add a bit of intensity to enable me to cut up.
My workouts are ideal,they are hard and the instructer keeps up the intensity,to be hones i,m absoulutely knackered after it.And now i,m starting to see a bit of weight coming off.
I,m impressed by the whole package,if its chucking down with rain outside i just put this baby on and bang job done.
heart rate monitor works a treat. i use 5kg dumbells instead of the resistance band to up the intensity.
for me its great,it serves its purpose,just sit down and take your time setting it up and you should get a good experience from it.there is a lot of depth to the game,that tracks your results.
so far i,ve burned or so it says 1300 cals in a few workouts.if you work on that 3000/3500 calories is about 1 pound of body fat then my workouts coupled with my weight sessions will produce the results i,m looking for,and come the summer i should be in good shape.
i think this game should be bought to supplement a good diet and other exercise. if you are able to use this this 5 day a week then it should suffice on its own but you need to mix it up.
if you are NOT prepared to change your diet and continue to eat crap then you need to seriously think before purchasing this game as i strongly suspect it will be just a fad. I think some people will look at this and see it as an easy way to attempt to get fit because you can do it at home. It doesn,t work like that. If you are committed and change your life style then buy it as it will motivate you and track your progress.
Final thoughts....THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE AN INTEREST IN FITNESS WHO ALREADY DO SOME KIND OF EXERCISE AND ARE ALREADY IN SOME KIND OF FITNESS ROUNTINE.Why?... cause most folk will use it for a week or so then will start to drop off and miss workouts hence its just a FAD.
there is no easy way of getting in shape,its 70% diet and 30% workouts and thats the main problem with most folk The diet.... Sort that out first before buying this game............ it aint a game...trust me.
got to go now,devon my personnel trainer is ready to beast me for the 8th time.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Nov 2010 11:52:48 GMT
P. Kelly says:
I've been looking for something to help me STAY in a fitness routine and with excuses galore now the winter is here I am really hoping this one will keep me hooked. The review from cotty74 has really spurred me on to get my diet sorted out and then seriously consider purchasing this 'game'. The fact that your progress is tracked will inspire me a great deal and the heart monitor will ensure I am working in the correct zone. Feel excited already!!

Posted on 9 Dec 2010 13:21:29 GMT
Mark says:
I am one of the reviewers that has given a negative review - I have persisted with the game since that review and in my view the problems are more than a setup issue. Voice recognition needs to be off - that is not setup, that is turning off a feature that the game advertises. This is a problem that I also suffer with Xbox dashboard so I don't think this is an EA Sports Active only issue. However, for a purchaser don't let the promise of VR make the decision for you.

Face recognition - you can keep tuning kinnect to recognise you better in different lights etc - and this is important, I recommend everyone does that for a better kinnect experience. However in the context of this game it doesn't solve the problem - this game is too sensitive. This morning's workout was interrupted several times as it tried to re-recognise me. Why does it need to do that ? The chances that I will pay someone else to do my exercises for me is quite low :-) My other games don't share this problem.

Posted on 3 Jan 2011 13:46:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jan 2011 16:23:41 GMT
Enodrahcir says:
I agree that you need to switch off the voice enable to stop the game pausing. It also does need really good light in order to stop the recognition menu popping up. I find that it works okay in the late morning as the lighting is good but fails to recognise me as the the light fades - I'm not about to increase the house lighting. It is strange that kinect adventures has no problem with recognition.

Posted on 12 Jan 2012 23:28:07 GMT
MissHoney69 says:
I totally agree! I'm a gym bunny , working out 2x a day but when I want a break from the gym I use this... And it REALLY is a WORKOUT! I like to make up my own workouts and ache afterwards ! Buy this if you're serious about working out ! Used regularly you WILL GET RESULTS !
‹ Previous 1 Next ›