on 10 May 2012
I'm going to make this review totally personal.

Basically, I took a trip to see this film in the Cinema (more than once) back in December, 2011. To add to that, I was going through a deep depression, and that's no joke! Despite the severity of my illness at the time, I felt that this film genuinely did make me feel a little better in myself. Moreover, one must accept the fact that that is exactly what a film of this calibre should do: make people smile and feel better!

The film is full of stars and is basically about a bunch of New Yorkers of various backgrounds and their activities on New Year's Eve, 2011. The film does have its flaws, however, mostly to do with character development; I felt as though the characters didn't blend into the film too well, but surely that's to be expected when you have such an ensemble cast??? Maybe, maybe not!

Anyway, overall, I think this film is excellent... there's lots of laughs (very important!!) and some sobby bits, too (that are funny anyway!).

I will certainly buy this film to watch again and again when released on DVD (why wait til the year later to release it???). It's well worth a watch.

Enjoy.
0Comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?