on 29 October 2011
Reading this book on recommendation of a uni friend has changed the way I look at the world. Friedman's relentless logic in the face of the ridiculousness of government intervention gave substance and articulation to, what I had perceived to be, the idiotic "the market will solve it" approach. My favourite chapter is by far the one of positive discrimination; I never thought it possible for a man to convince me that anti discriminatory laws are injust.

Whilst I was not quite a socialist before I read this book, I certainly believed in government intervention. I would recommend anyone of any political persuasion to read this before they ever scoff at the free market viewpoint again; you can never truly understand it until you read this very short and approachable book.
11 Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?