on 13 August 2013
I'm a new fan of White Lies so have listened to their albums in reverse order. I liked 5 songs apiece on their first two albums but in my view every track on Big TV is a winner. When I download albums I rarely download the whole thing. I give the album a good listen on Spotify and then pick the tracks I want to buy. With Big TV I bought the whole album (rare for me).

I just love these massively epic songs with their catchy hooks! For me it doesn't matter how good the music is - if the singer doesn't have a powerful, strong voice then I'm not impressed. Harry McVeigh has a wonderful voice that complements the music. I love the catchiness of Be Your Man & First Time Caller and I love the haunting qualities of Change, Tricky To Love and Heaven Wait. Also think the solid title track gets the album off to a good start.

The 80s has always been my favourite era for music and White Lies remind me of Tears For Fears, Depeche Mode and even Human League (but I think White Lies are better)!

I hope Big TV will garner White Lies further fans (like myself) to their already loyal fan base.

I'm playing this album to death. I can't listen to it enough!

Well done White Lies on producing such an addictive album.

Mrs Alan Sharpe