on 7 October 2011
I have over 7500 names in my tree and was worried when my old PC decided to call it a day. I backed up my 2006 FTM both on disc and digital vault and kept my fingers crossed when I loaded the new Windows 7 machine. Imagine my delight when I found that it worked! Relief, however, was shortlived when I found that I couldn't back it up onto disc anymore, and couldn't create pdf that I needed. I had to fork out another £30 (on top of the other expenses in replacing a pc, I was not happy) and once again held my breath. It loaded okay and transferred the files across, but what a horrid front page - cluttered and therefore small writing.
I cannot see why the makers had to change that lovely, clear looking front page. One has to navigate to other pages so why make the primary page so ugly?
I have yet to work for a long period of time on it - I only got it a couple of days ago, and I am sure I will get used to it, but first impressions are it is not as user friendly as 2006.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?