Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now Learn more

VINE VOICEon June 21, 2011
I recently purchased this after my TomTom XL broke with the white screen of death.

First impressions are good:
The Good
+Much thinner than TomTom but screen size the same
+Menu uncluttered by needless items I never used
+Comes with a great windscreen mount - my tomtom was always falling off
+PC Lead and Lead for car as standard
+Lane Select (great 'new' feature for me)
+Picture of motorway junction as you approach (very neat)

The Bad
- Main display only displays 2 bits of data at once from a number of options e.g. Distance, time, time remaining, distance covered, elevation. I would like to see more.
- No Bluetooth - I didnt really use it but now seems to be only available on more expensive satnavs whereas before my mid range model had it. More of a gripe rather than a criticism against this model.

All in all I wasnt prepared to pay £200+ for the fancy models, and I wasn't yet ready to rely on my smartphone for in-car navigation. Hopefully this sat nav will last 3+ years by which time I am sure technology will have moved on so that we will be able to use smartphones for navigation. Until then I am sticking with specialist products.
22 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?