on 10 December 2009
I was (still am) a fan of the original Reggie Perrin and when I first heard there would be a re-make, I initially thought "Oh no! They'll ruin it.) Then when I heard Reggie would be played by Martin Clunes, one of my favourite comedy actors, I had to watch it.

I found myself enjoying it more than the original. I wasn't born when the original was made and I have always found it a bit dated. Although I love Leonard Rossiter, it somehow seems more old fashioned in my opinion than some other sitcoms of that era such as Rising Damp or Porridge for example. Maybe viewers a generation older than myself will dissagree.

Martin Clunes is brilliant. The new Reggie seems sharper, edgier, and ruder than his predessesor; thats probably natural as gags across all comedies that were considered cutting edge in the 70s are far from shocking now.

Anyway, Clunes plays this type of character very well and I really enjoyed it. Don't knock it just because it isn't the original - It's OK to be a fan of both.
0Comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details