on 20 January 2013
I just bought this printer to replace a 7 year old HP that was the best printer I'd ever bought. So my replacement had to be even better! After seeing over the years that Canon printers win lots of reviews, I decided to take the plunge on the MG6350. I made the right choice! So far I've only tested a few of its features:

1. AirPrint - Using with my iPad and iPhone, its very easy and the prints just come out - no effort, no fussing and no fiddling about.
2. Canon iEPP app - An easy to use app that you can scan from, or open PDFs / JPGs in and then print out. Again, you just tell it what to do and it happens!
3. The scanner - I don't do a lot of scanning, but I still wanted to test it out. I told the printer to scan to email, and it did the scan, opened up my email client and attached it to a new message, ready for me to send it. It just worked - magic!

I use the MG6350 on wireless and this works well. I have the printer in the same room as the router, so can't comment on signal in a different room, but I can comment on setting the wireless up. As long as you give the printer the correct details for your wireless setup, it takes all of 5min to do!

I also did some photo printing to put the printer through its paces, and based on my old HP, I did have concerns that this one wouldn't be as good - how wrong I was! The quality is amazing. I'd even go so far as to say it bests my HP. I gave it a wide range of scenes and colours, and it didn't break sweat...so 11 / 10 for quality!

The printer has memory card slots on it, which you can set up to be accessed across your network. This isn't something I need, but I did try it out and it all worked fine.

Installation is a breeze - follow the enclosed installation guide and the printer sets itself up, prompting you now and again to do things. Very easy and took at most 25min.

The design is nice and clean - its a clever device in that only the relevant buttons (capacitive) light up depending on what you're doing..looks cool and shows Canon thought about design carefully.

Other - there are a few web services built-in. Google Cloud print, which seems to work perfectly well, and the useful feature of the printer being able to download templates for things like graph paper and notepaper - doesn't sound interesting, BUT its surprisingly handy if you need to take notes and don't want to use scraps of paper...just tell it to print notepaper!

In summary - this is a VERY good printer and I think anyone that buys it won't be disappointed. The only negative I would point out is that you insert the installation CD and it then promptly downloads the drivers from the web, I'm not sure what the purpose of the CD is. I'm a Mac user, perhaps there is Windows applications on there..I don't know. Rather like Apple products, the printer just works! It works quickly, quietly and with excellent quality - and you really cannot ask for more than that.
55 Comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?