on 28 August 2013
This watch was purchased to replace another automatic watch (different brand) that I dropped and went haywire. I like the idea of the self-propelled mechanical watch, and after some deliberation I decided to give automatics another chance. I have had my Invicta for four months now, so I think I can express a well founded opinion of it.

It is a nice watch, looks good and stylish, and keeps time pretty well (mine has a tendency to be two-three minutes fast in about two weeks, but that is fine with me, and this would vary with the user, I guess). I consider it a good value for the price. The luminous hands/dial is quite bright and can be read easily.

It is a heavy watch (about 200 g - NOT 455 g, as it is stated in the product overview), but it is comfortable for wearing around the clock (I had in on for two weeks straight when we went camping).

It is shock resistant enough for my taste: I dropped it a couple of times so far on hardwood floor from about a meter height, and it is working fine.

I did not realise that it had a little magnifying lens above the date display when I ordered it (although now I can see it on the pictures). This lens does not look very appealing to me, I do not find it very useful, either, but I have gotten used to it.

I had resized watch bands before, so I wanted to take a link out of the wristband when the watch arrived, but I could not remove the pin holding the link. I was afraid of damaging the wristband, so I ended up paying a few Euros for the resizing.

Invicta includes a little instruction book with the watch, but you have to know the features of the watch to be able to pick the relevant section - on the other hand, if you know the features, you hardly need the instructions! I thought it was quite cheap of them to print just one booklet for all their watches.

The important thing to know about this model that is has a screw-down crown. It is not mentioned in the description, and since I had never had a watch with this feature before, I had a little difficulty with it first. As I mentioned before, the instruction booklet that comes with the watch is useless, you have to know that the watch has a screw-down crown to look up how to use it.

Another important thing is that they guarantee the water resistance ONLY if the crown is screwed in the watch body (this is in the instruction booklet). The crown of mine got loose somehow without me noticing it, and some water actually got into the watch when I was taking a bath - I was quite upset about it. I am still in the process of trying to dry it out.

The pin of the fold over clasp came apart one day when I was taking the watch off. I do not remember any rough usage that would explain it. Apparently it is not of a common size, because the watchmaker did not have it on hand, so it took a couple of days to have the wristband repaired.

All in all, it is a nice watch for everyday use, but I wonder how long it will last.
33 people found this helpful