on 20 August 2008
Poltergeist is a fantastic film, I didn't know anyone who disliked this film so I thought I would buy it and I must say that everyone was right, this film is amazing.

The film focuses on the Freeling family, who's youngest daughter Carol Anne (Heather O'Rourke) is transported through a spectral void by a angry poltergeist. The family calls 3 supernatural investigators to see if they can pinpoint where Carol Anne is. When the investigators come up with nothing, things take a really eeire turn.

Poltergeist has great special effects for an early 80's film and they look surprisingly realistic and several moments made me jump out of my skin, that clown scared the hell out of me!

This is a 25th anniversary edition so I was expecting some extras about the film but there is only a 2 part documentary but this didn't bother me as I get DVD's for the film only but if you like lots of extras, then you may want to get a different version but the film is fantastic and when a film is this good, extras don't matter.

If you're looking for a film that has an eerie feel to it and keeps you guessing whats going to happen, get Poltergeist.
11 people found this helpful