on 28 January 2013
I ordered 2 of these cameras at the beginning of January, as a sort of compromise between a 'big-name' action camera, and some of the other assorted tat I've seen floating around Amazon.

Having been an avid motorcyclist for a good few years now, and having had my fair share of close calls with idiotic drivers who don't look when they're pulling out of junctions, I wanted something to record my journeys. I bought these with the intentions of mounting one forward-facing on my helmet, and one on the rear of my motorcycle to 'cover all bases' as it were.

Now... I only received these cameras this morning, and as such, I haven't actually had a chance to road-test them properly. I charged them up this morning however, and gave them a whirl; Here are my first impressions.

Well, these things are certainly very, VERY small. About the size of your average USB thumb-drive.
The poorly-translated instructions had me in stitches for a good 10 minutes when I tried to read them, (operative word: 'tried') and as a result, I had to try and find a more inclusive and better written set of instructions online.
However, once I got my head around the ins-and-outs of getting these little gadgets working, I was really quite pleased at how good the video quality is.

These cameras record at 720x480 resolution, with 30fps. That's nothing impressive when you look at most modern DV cameras that record at 1080p HD. But, and if you're like me, you already knew that when you first considered/bought one of these cameras.

The little accessory pack that comes with the camera is pretty much as shown in the product pictures, albeit minus the AC adaptor which I, and many other people did not receive. This isn't a problem though, because I have several AC to USB adaptors from different smartphones I've had over the years.

The internal microphone in this device is...well...a bit pants in all honesty. Even in the car with my wife this morning it was picking up and amplifying any road noise that could be heard in the car, which unfortunately meant that our conversation was lost in the rumbling.

All-in-all, these are great little cameras. They're cheap, cheerful and fairly good quality. I may buy a few more in the future, it all depends on how long these ones last!

Put simply: If you want HD video and studio condenser microphone sound quality, you're looking in the wrong place. If you want a decent little camera that can be positioned pretty much anywhere, has a decent video quality and picks up *some* fairly basic audio, these are perfect.

Pauly.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?