on 18 May 2010
I liked this book but I must admit to being fairly confused. If you are looking for a supernat romance then this aint it! More Lord of the Rings than Twilight!

In a strange way I found it easier to follow than the first installment, Bloodring, but there was so much in it - I had to just keep ploughing through. Although I came out the end wanting to know what happens next (which is what I look for in a book) I am still not completely sure of what has just happened (got the general picture but got lost on the who does what, how and sometimes why!!)

I think its worth a read but you definitely have to like the "full-on" fantasy fiction type books to like this.

Recommend you check out her Jane Yellow Rock novels first as this was a good way to lead in to this series as gave me a feel for how the writer guides you through the stories and the type of characters she builds - although I think they very different in content (which is a good thing).

Give it a go as worth a punt. I shall plough through the series but at this stage I am not sure that I will make it to the end and feel pleased that I bothered... Could go either way, but outlook at this stage is bright.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details