on 24 April 2012
I had high hopes when I ordered this book from Amazon. Eric Maisel is a respected creativity coach and author. I absolutely loved his book, Creativity for Life, which has given me invaluable guidance in managing the demands of my art (I am writing a transformational novel-memoir).

Mr Maisel makes the excellent point that creative energy does involve experiencing a certain degree of anxiety. The question is how to manage this anxiety and still be productive in your artistic discipline: how to show up each day even if you are scared.

Some of his techniques are OK, don't get me wrong, but the lessons seemed to lack a deeper dimension for me. Perhaps it is because the author has aimed this book at those who spend too much time in their heads, are caught up in their own dramas and are racked by addictions. Perhaps I am too sensible and boring.
0Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?