on 18 May 2007
I have a feeling I read this as a child, at some stage, and can remember it being a great read. Sometime last year I had the urge to read it again, and I wasn't wrong first time round!

It's only a simple book but you can't beat Raymond Briggs's illustrations and imagination. There is something very unique about his style and the book itself. If you, or your children, have seen or, ideally, read the Snowman than I can pretty much garuntee you will like this book.

Now, I admit, it is a little sad towards the end and I can honestly say I've never felt truely sorry for a character in a book, apart from Jim. He tries so hard to make things good, is intentions are top notch but he isn't that bright has a few problems getting exactly what he wants.

A great and inticing read!!
What's this?