on 20 March 2014
The game engine is defintely sub-standard by todays standard. The programming certainly doesn't take advantage of new processing power. The result is a game that plays like games did around a decade ago. In that I mean, the amount of fidgiting you have to do with graphical settings to get a decent frame rate is frustrating and very time consuming. A decade ago, I accepted a frame rate of 20-30 fps on games and I think everyone else did as well. I have a medium spec machine, 3Ghz quad core, nvidia 560 and 8Gb ram. This far exceeds the minium requirements and pretty much meets the recommended requirements of the game and still (especially in multiplayer) the frame rate is a miserable 20-30fps. On training missions (and single player) it is higher at 45-60 fps.

I have been used to playing 60fps+ for so many years now, I find it too difficulty to enjoy and get immeresed in a game with less than half that. Just my opinion but I don't think this game has the slickness and feel of quality you get from COD and BF games.

The number of keys is UNBELIEVABLE which makes the game very difficult to learn. For example when controlling the helicopter, the keys bindings are not in a comfortable common sense position to pilot properly, I found myself continually lifting my hand, looking at keys and trying to pilot at the same time - very very disappointing and frustrating! Once again BF key bindings when controlling vehicles is a lot more sensible and intuitive.

When online, I asked several times for help off of people, sometimes with questions requiring a simple yes or no and still no one responded. I was simply an "easy kill"/newbie to be taken advantage of. The online ARMA 3 community don't hit me as a resonable set of people who value new players.

The multiplayer interface is very complicated, even when you join a server you have to go through another interface, making selections before joining the game and even then sometimes when you join the game you have to 'buy' equipment before making your way into the action - that is if you can navigate your way to it, once again the map/compass menu is quite complicated.

I understand the game is supposed to be more simulation than arcade like(ie COD and BF) however I think the game has crossed the line trying to put in too much 'realism' to the extent of comprimising the fun.

The game doesn't look good, it doesn't feel good, it doesn't play well and the community don't help. So sorry I wasted my money on this. As it is activated on steam, can't sell the game either.
11 Comment| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.