on 26 May 2010
I'll keep this as brief as I can...

I was very excited by the prospect of a digital panoramic camera, and one that also shoots 1080HD movies & 10MP images. So I snapped this up. After a day's experimentation, I returned it.

The panoramic function is a brilliant idea, easy to use and it really works. However, the images are downscaled to something like 2 or 3MP, so they come out extremely low quality. Comparable to a bad iPhone photo. Low resolution, blurry detail and lots of video noise. So - nice idea, but useless in practice.

The 1080HD movies are easy to shoot, but you can only get them off the camera if you have a PC. The camera isn't Mac-compatible. I called up the Sony help centre and talked it through with them. The software they provide allows you to pull photos off the camera on a Mac, but not the HD films. Neither iMovieHD or Final Cut Pro could get at the movies. Nor could my flashcard reader. Sony suggested I should speak to Apple about it [OK,thanks - like Apple are going to help me with the limitations of a Sony camera: yeah, right...].

I'm sure there might be an elaborate workaround for getting the files off the camera, but to be honest, an elaborate workaround shouldn't be necessary for a basic non-professional camera.

Packaged it up and sent it back. Many thanks to Amazon for their no-quibbles return. I'm very grateful.
12 people found this helpful