on 21 February 2014
This blanket would be good if it wasn't for its terrible unreliability.
The first one I had lasted ok, actually - one winter. On bringing it out of storage for the second winter, it lasted all of three days before inexplicably dying on me (no light on the handset). Luckily it was still under guarantee, so I sent it back and had a brand new replacement, which then also died after about a week.
I then sent the replacement back - Dreamland were pretty kind about it and sent me a paid-for envelope to post it in, so the P+P to return it was free this time.
And here we are, approximately six weeks later, and now my second replacement has stopped working, for no conceivable reason. With this blanket we took extra special care to make sure it wouldn't overheat, never using a setting higher than 4, keeping the cat away from it (as recommended by customer services - apparently they cause "hot spots"), and it still died. I can't think what else we could have done to prevent its failure. Three blankets failed in the space of less than three months!! (maybe the mild winter is causing overheating??? God knows)
Despite very good customer service from Dreamland, I absolutely CANNOT recommend this product to anyone, hence the 1 star review. I'm not sending this one back because I honestly can't be bothered with this product any more.
Also, a side note- the wires were rather thick and a little uncomfortable anyway. I'm going to find myself an electric over-blanket now... and I doubt I'll buy a Dreamland product again.
11 Comment| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.