on April 24, 2014
The fact that Sony USE the seagate hdd for their consoles says something, it's the companys preferred choice! My first Fat ps3 had a Seagate, and it worked just fine.
I've heard they use other ones in their later models aswell (Toshiba I think) but it helps that seagate are a known, good make anyway.

I previously bough a Hitachi 500gb model to upgrade my newer slim ps3, but ran into some "serious error has occurred" problems which led me to return it and buy this one instead. I'm not saying Hitachi are bad, but it knocked my confidence in other models.
The one I had in my slim ps3 to start with was a 250gb Samsung and it worked brilliantly so Samsung are definitely an option too, but if you're worried about performance and reliability, I would just play it safe for ps3s, and consider Seagate your first choice !

(You can find out online what the top 5 ps3 hard drives are, and seagate is one of them!)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink