on 30 March 2014
I was glad I'd read many reviews before I started this book, otherwise I'd've stopped reading after a few chapters as it was so confusing. But I kept plodding through and eventually got 'into' it tho it continued to to and fro so much that I was never quite sure where I was and which version of Ursula's life we were meant to be living. By the 60% point tho it had descended into absolute and utter tedium and the author droned on and on and on. I found myself flicking thru page after page as fast as humanly possible , skim reading to get a gist of things in order that I could reach the end of the book.

It felt at times as if the author were being paid to complete a book of a certain amount of words as it was excessively long and ridiculous farce.

The number of asides in brackets became immensely annoying, as did all the bits of german, most of which were never translated. Any author is surely wrong to assume all her readers can translate foreign languages!

Unfortunate that it took a plot line - an individual living a number of different outcomes of her life - but failing to grip throughout. I lost the will to live part way through.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details