on 26 June 2013
After moving to a new flat I had no mattress at all and the Campingaz looked ideal as a temporary measure. Well, as I am indecisive in buying a proper mattress I ended up using this mattress for about 6 weeks. It is surprisingly comfortable and despite being prone to lower back pain I found that if I inflated it enough it would be firm enough but still make some adjustment for your weight - that is to say mould to your shape.

It is the first time since I was a kid that I slept on a single mattress and would not recommend the experience. Some of the negative points were sliding off of it during the night and ending up on the floor. Or, adjusting my sleeping position to compensate for having so little room which caused me shoulder pain.

After about 5 weeks I found the mattress developed two punctures. The mattress does come with a repair kit, but good luck finding a slow puncture on a large enough mattress - this isn't an inner tube, and one side is flocked as well. I found that I would go to sleep and wake up on a flat mattress, however due to the fact there was still air in it the mattress was fairly comfortable when even half inflated. I found one puncture but it still leaked so I assume there are more.

The mattress is decent, but is definitely a temporary measure for occasional use. If I bought one again I would buy the double, and I would expect it to puncture with regular use, and I would be very careful when lying on it or getting up not to put much pressure on any small area to minimise the risk of a puncture.
What's this?