5.0 out of 5 stars It WILL change your life, 14 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Magic (Paperback)
How many times have you said "Thank you" today?
When you woke up this morning were you grateful for the day ahead?
When you had your dinner yesterday were you thankful for what you were about to eat?
Are you thankful that you have a job?

This book focuses on how gratitude plays a major role in the law of attraction. I've always practiced the Law of attraction in my life, long before the book The Secret was released. I believe it is the reason many of my dreams have come true. What I like about this book and other books on this subject is they give me a refresher and after reading a few pages instantly make my day better.

Not all people believe that this sort of thing works, infact one review I read called it 'delusional thinking'. People are entitled to their opinions but I know for a fact that many great things in my life has happened because every day I practice the law of attraction and gratitude. All I would say to people who don't believe is, give it a chance. Follow the steps in this book (word for word), stay positive, be grateful and I think you may be surprised how it makes you feel each day.

For a beginner in the Law of Attraction, I think this is the book you should start with. It is more simple and understandable than The Secret and The Power. Read this and follow each step, then move on to the other two for further reading.

If you take this book seriously it will make you a more positive person and will change your life for the better.

THANK YOU for reading my review.

Enjoy living your dreams x

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Apr 2012 23:38:45 BDT
Tim says:
You have to be experienced practisioner to learn how to be happy? Read a book to learn how to be happy?

What about doing things that actually makes you happy? There is no reason to read a book to learn how to say thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2012 08:50:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Apr 2012 08:53:54 BDT
gkeenan says:
Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your comment.

In my opinion, No you do not have to be an experienced practitioner to learn to be happy. But i do think that some people do benefit from reading books like The Magic to learn how to be more happy and to not let negative thoughts take over. I have had periods of time where I have been in a negative state of mind and reading books like this help me snap out of it and realise that i should be thankful of what I have in my life. I also think it can take a book like The Magic to make people realise that they should do more things in their life that make them happy and to try and concentrate less on the things that maybe make them unhappy. You say that there is no reason to read a book to learn how to say thank you, I disagree. one of my favourite parts of The Magic is when Rhonda explains that if you are unhappy in your job and want a new job using the law of attraction, first you have to be grateful for the job you have and even more important be grateful that you actually have a job. This taught me to look at the things in my life that sometimes gave me negative thoughts and learn to appreciate what positive things I can get out of them and what I can learn about them. Some people (myself included) gain alot from books like The Magic, and appreciate how much it has helped my life on a day to day basis.

Thank you again for reading my comment.

I wish you a very happy day :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2012 13:28:08 BDT
Tim, sure you know that in the western world many people take more than their share, take a lot for granted, are in fact spoiled brats, (like yourself?). Maybe you have always been good at saying 'Thanks (a million)', and if so, then you are a total exception. Let me ask you, have you ever thought about, indeed thanked your Mother for the not at all envious task of giving birth to you , she experiencing much discomfort and incredible pains for you, she diligently cleaning your yuk-baby-poo off your bum for quite some time and that is not much fun at all, she sacrificing a whole lot for you so that you can experience Precious Life? 'Doing things that make you happy?' you say. Many people don't know about what 'happy' is, what it can be, what 'the things' are they can do that make them happy, because they have sat on their bums for decades watching TV and are busy playing useless games on a screen while stuffing themselves with glue-pizzas. For you there is no reason to learn how to appreciate the small blessings in life, yet many people have to re-learn how to say 'Thank you', even to themselves. This book is very helpful for spoiled brats. Why knock it? It has made life a lot more meaningful for many many many people. Very best wishes!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jun 2012 11:39:44 BDT
Fleur says:
A happy day to you to.

Posted on 17 Jun 2012 12:03:01 BDT
archie says:
Thank you for writing this review it has been very helpful x

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2012 04:09:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Oct 2012 04:14:50 BDT
I spent years and years believing in all this stuff. Has my life improved as a result? No. Not many people could be happy living in my circumstances, but i still try to. I also am grateful for everything , just the fact that i can hear the birds sing and see the sky. Does this mean, though, that all the gratitude makes the things i want to come true? Reverse age? Become wealthy enough to live in a decent home? No, none of it has happened.

The 'secret' is, be happy with whatever it is you've got, no matter how bad your circumstances, be grateful for the smallest things in life, and you will be so grateful and so happy that you'll realise you have everything you want already and won't want anything else because it is all so perfect now.
That is the reality of what these kind of books are saying, and if you really, deeply think about this, you will see it too, and then you realise it negates the whole point of why people read it in the first place! The books are marketed as read this and you will obtain all you want. A bit rich to discover that actually it's a crafty way to get you to think you have it all already and don't want anything else.

Posted on 28 Feb 2013 20:38:50 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 10 Mar 2013 07:41:01 GMT]

Posted on 9 Apr 2013 09:19:50 BDT
J.R.S says:
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I felt I needed a little more help to achieve the correct way of thinking and after reading The Secret, your review has made me think that this 28 day program will be exactly what I need! I am going to order it now.
Thank you again.

Posted on 14 Sep 2013 11:16:27 BDT
R. Hutchison says:
I didn't know this book was out. I have the others and the secret dvd. I agree that these books and especially the dvd shift your thinking and as a result lift your mood. I look forward to reading this 1. Thanks for the review have a happy positive day xx.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Sep 2014 18:10:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Sep 2014 18:16:15 BDT
A Customer says:
Ann, what was it in Tim's comment that made you think he is 'a spoiled brat'?? All he meant was that in his opinion (which he is surely entited to) there is no need to read a book to be thankful. And if all some people like to do is watching TV and eating pizza, it is entirely their own business, it is not up to you to say 'they don't know about what happy is'. If Tim's comment with nothing offensive in it made you so angry, maybe you need to read more of your happy books.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›