on 1 December 2004
"The Da Vinci Code" is possibly one of the most badly written books I have ever read, the development of the characters is almost non-existent and the plot is ludicrous. The idea that this is, as the blurbs inform us, a "brainy" read are perhaps the silliest thing about this book. Perhaps what is most distressing is that Dan Brown is apparently a teacher of creative writing, god help his poor students.
I had heard that although badly written, this was an exciting book, but really it failed to do much for me, perhaps the idiocies of the plot got in the way or the incredibly clumsy writing. I suppose the best I can say of this book is that I did manage to finish it, but it is also one of the very few books I have thrown away after reading.
Perhaps I should say that I am a fan of some very silly books and do not mind in the least a plot being utterly unbelievable, but this particular work just annoyed me. It is inept from the very first sentence onwards and deserves to be forgotten as soon as it ceases to be fashionable.
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?