on 11 January 2014
As I had hoped, this biography contained an anecdote conforming exactly to the image I had of KV having been a fan for 25 years. So far so good. But on page 375 of a 415 page book? And only one? Yep, that's the problem - KV was not very nice after all.

Charles Shields is a brilliant writer and researcher, and he rightly does not spare us his discoveries, not so much "warts and all", more just the "warts".

So, while I admire Shields' dedication to accuracy and truth as well as his own engaging style, I have found myself wondering if I might have been better not reading this at all. I still admire KV's work but the affection has gone.

Th 4-stars are for the quality of the biography, not this reader's experience!
What's this?