on 26 June 2011
Never heard of Ambulance? Neither had I, but (as any other SACD searcher/collector probably knows) multi-channel SACD recordings only seem to be made for Classical CD's these days. Why, is a mystery to me, because the few non-classical SACD recordings I do have (Dark Side of the Moon, Tommy, ...) are well worth the money. Moreover, some SACD versions of some non-classical albums are clearly sought after (such as Boys and Girls - Bryan Ferry, Morning Glory - Oasis, Machine Head - Deep Purple) and are sold for ridiculously high prices - why don't the manufacturers make more? Lastly there are other albums (such as Electric Ladyland - Jimmy Hendrix) that almost certainly would benefit if they could be remastered as 5.1. There are quite a lot of SACD 5.1 capable players in use that, like mine, were bought for DVD surround sound. <rant over>

So I was browsing LInn records to find out what new classical releases they had and noticed you could also search by Genre such as Rock, Folk and Jazz. So I checked out their Jazz releases. Most of them are either female singers (which I have nothing against - I have quite a few CD's like these) or SACD but a Stereo mix (might as well buy the CD - my ears are not THAT good). I liked the track samples for this album, but before buying from Linn at over a tenner, I checked out Amazon - and I went a the New/Used marketplace seller (about £7 New delivered as of today).

So the music: pleasant modern instrumental Jazz. But being jazz I guess whether you like it is a matter of taste. Go to LInn and listen to the samples.
What's this?