5.0 out of 5 stars Great for short trips and meetings, 5 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Accuratus Image 4 iPad - Faux Leather Case With UK Detachable Bluetooth Keyboard / Stand (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I'm writing this review on my iMage keyboard on the train, which is probably it's second best environment, after the boardroom.
First things first, the combination of iPad and iMage is not going to replace a laptop, or even a netbook, and I would still not dream of going on a business trip without my laptop. But that's really a symptom of iOS rather than either of these devices.
What the iMage does do, however, is make the iPad a viable device for on-site meetings or short off-site meetings for durations when full laptop functionality isn't going to be missed.

I now use my iPad (with Evernote, which everyone should use) for all my meeting notes, and use my laptop as my base machine on my desktop or in the hotel room. The main advantage being the immense battery life of both the iPad and the iMage, which means I never have to bother carrying power supplies with me.

As for the iMage itself, it's a great bit of kit:
The keys have a good action to them, and speedy typing is easy (I'm not a touch typist so I can't comment on how good it is for that), and importantly they are large enough for sausage fingers like mine (quite an achievement given the iPad form factor).
The layout is the same as my official Apple keyboards, so I don't have to worry about where the @ is (as anyone who has used a non-Apple keyboard will sympathise with...)
Bluetooth connects very easily and quickly, certainly a lot more easily than the pair of BT headphones I had.
Easy to overlook but incredibly useful are the additional cursor keys. Anyone who's tried to edit a document using their finger to move the cursor around will know how painful that is.
One thing that I wasn't too keen on originally, but has surprised me with its usefulness, is the detachable keyboard. I thought it was an unnecessary gimmick, but it's actually very helpful, and increases the versatility substantially.

That's about it really, other than to say that it has been the subject of considerable boardroom jealousy, to the extent that I've seen at least one more appearing in meetings since I introduced mine a few weeks ago ;o)

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]