on 14 November 2005
I think that this book is the best written of the series. What I loved most about it was the development of Harry through this book. I think this book was very much a character development novel. I’ve loved many fictional characters over the years, but none quite as much as Harry. Because we’ve been with him from the start, we’ve been allowed to see every side of him, the bad and the good. JK Rowling has created a complex, and deeply human character who isn’t perfect and makes mistakes, and is the better hero for it. I’ll even go so far as to say that I think he’s the best hero ever created. I think we see Harry at his most vulnerable in this book. Still deeply disturbed by his frightful ordeal of the previous term, Harry is not helped by the fact that no one in authority will believe his story and seeks to silence him in any way they can. Harry’s frustration often gets the better of him in this book, and a devastating loss brings him close to despair.
Stephen Fry captures Harry’s moods brilliantly. The scene in Dumbledore’s office is powerful as much for Stephen Fry’s incredibly moving performance as for JK Rowling’s beautiful and sensitive prose. I really was moved to tears, and my heart ached for Harry.
Other characters were also developed in this book. Neville and Ginny really came in to their own. In fact, the theme of friendship was very strong throughout this book. We also learned much more about Snape, who I’ve always felt was Rowling’s most interesting character. I really felt for him in this book. I do think Order of The Phoenix is one of the best books I’ve ever read.
0Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.