on 17 February 2011
I really liked the thinking behind this book. I read it really quickly because the principles are so brilliantly simple. They are:
Tune in, eat when you are hungry, eat whatever you want, put it on a plate, sit down and focus, stop when you are satisfied, enjoy, own your body, move!, support yourself, be your own guru.
I love this refreshing no nonsense approach to dieting (or not dieting). It's how I like to think about food anyway - and this book has reminded me of what I used to feel like as a child when I didn't eat to deal with my emotions. I've been reminded of what it's like to eat just the right amount, so I'm not full / bursting - actually it feels nice. It was a surprise to discover that my emotions didn't overwhelm me, in fact it felt liberating and I felt physically very well. I think this book is having a positive effect on my life. Life really is too short to be counting calories. Read this book and enjoy all the lovely food that life has to offer (and stay slim!)
What's this?