Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 5 June 2013
I saw this on the big screen and didn't really know what to expect as I'd only seen one trailer months before.
Yes, it had lots of elements that appear in other films - especially Sci-fi films - but then, if I can relate that to cooking; you can have a whole bunch of everyday ingredients to hand, however, if you mix them up in a different ways and amounts you can create lots of different dishes. I think that is a fair enough allegory here with Oblivion and is certainly no worse for it.
The special effects are good, but not overwhelming, and the cinematography is on a par with some of the scenes from Prometheus in that they are striking, beautiful even. I'm not even a big fan of Tom Cruise, (though enjoyed most films he's been in) and he plays this pretty well in this.
There's at least two twists, one I think I nearly guessed, the other not so.
It even had me still thinking about the film days after I'd watched it, something that most films don't always do.

Overall, if you watch it without trying to think of all the other film references that are being made about it, (you CAN do it if you try!), then I think you'll find it's a pretty enjoyable movie, and I personally, can't wait to watch it again and will be buying it as soon as it's released...

..and I can't say that about a lot of films these days!
What's this?