Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now Learn more

on October 7, 2011
The eagerly anticpated 3rd Album from the Subways is a big let down for me. Having issued a 1st album full of strong singles which glosssed over some of the weaker tracks and then seeing them follow it up with what is in my view their best record to date, I am underwhelmed.

There's nothing particualrly bad about it but it suffers the worst kind of rating for any record. It's bland. The tunes are generic Subways-lite, stifled by their own homogeneity. I've listened to this album all the way through circa 20 times and a side from one or two songs, musically I find it hard to differentiate between the songs.
Lyrically, I do not expect Bob Dylan or huge sprawling narratives but some of the lyrics on this record are banal to say the least.

I've followed The Subways since I saw them at the Reading Festival before the 1st album and to me they've been on a upward trajectory, seeing them move from playing The Vine in Leeds to holding their own when supporting AC/DC at Wembley, I expected the trend to continue. I hope this is a blip because they are a great band!
Billy , you can do so much better or maybe I'm expecting too much and should accept it for what it is........
11 comment| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?